Our team is committed to consistently delivering new features to our suite of products and we are just getting started! We want to grow our team, tackle even bigger challenges and do amazing things. We work in focused, agile-based teams to continuously improve our code base, add new ways of interfacing with the system and have amassed a large backlog of interesting technical challenges and product initiatives. We want to grow to enable even greater success within our industry. That's where you come in!
We are seeking a Principal Front End Engineer – Team Lead to help take our web app and tech stack to the next level. We're looking for a dynamic individual who is no stranger to building well-designed, highly performant and effective front-end web applications that support complex business rules and workflows. You will start by learning from the experiences of our team and our current offerings and become intimately familiar with our web application and tech stack. As you improve in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your front end technology experiences by helping to evaluate and architect the best front end technology to adapt to by working with our architecture group in addition to adding more features to our product. You will leverage your experience to establish best practices for web development and drive our team and our codebase to a higher level.
You will look not only to lead, collaborate, and develop your career, but also be hungry and humble in assisting others in developing theirs as well. You will have the opportunity to set the tone of the platform that you’ll be working on.
What will you do?
- Drive front end architectural decisions to develop a maintainable and reliable set of edge applications
- Work closely with UX to develop friendly UI experiences
- Collaborate with other team members to build shared services that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into our valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in all development projects and work together to build high quality solutions
- Present ideas in the form of lunch and learns to our technical staff and help shape our technical landscape
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to organically increase code quality
- Ensure software development adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews
Your First 90 Days
By Day 30
- If remote, you will immerse yourself in our two (2) week virtual bootcamp, familiarizing yourself with our culture, our product and our tech stack
- As a Principal Front-End Engineer, you will work with the Tech Lead and other members of our Architecture guild to understand our product architecture, standards and development tools
- You will help execute on introducing new front end technologies (Vue.js) to our tech stack and building proof of concepts
- You will create a loosely defined front end roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what can potentially be improved based on our current solution
- You will work within the frameworks of our efficient and effective SDLC process
- You will take on development items to get your hands in the current web stack
By Day 60
- You will work with your team on a backlog of technical infrastructure work that was identified in your first 30 days, including the adoption of the newly identified tech for our Q3/Q4 2020 Product deliverables
- While the product owner is getting up to speed, you will co-create a backlog of work to be tackled in order to systematically add new features from which the entire team can pull work items from
By Day 90
- You will play an integral role in our UX revamp deliverables
- You will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from our SDLC process, including monitoring issues in our lower environments
- You will continuously evolve and uplift our tech stack by continuing to iterate on the technical roadmap and future deliveries
- You will mentor and train other development team members as needed on the front end framework
- You will play a meaningful role in helping hire future members of our growing team
What do we ask of you?
We need engineers that share our passion for building and scaling cutting-edge Web Apps in a fast-paced startup environment - one which already has the benefit of thousands of customers and millions of dollars of revenue.
We are looking for engineers who posses:
- 7+ years of experience developing web applications
- 3+ years of experience leading web or front-end application teams
- 4+ years of experience with Vue.js, React.js or other frameworks
- 3+ years of experience in .Net or comparable language
- Ability to flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of our team
- Ability to work as a Full Stack Developer with a keen eye for UI
- Experience working in an Agile environment (e.g., Scrum, Kanban or ScrumBan)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities, work on multiple projects simultaneously serving multiple stakeholders
More About You
- You have the ability to work and collaborate with team members remotely
- You posses the catalyst-mindset (i.e., the ability to tangibly see the future and influence the people and tech that you work with)
- You have prior experience with Mobile App development
- You're no stranger to JS Unit Testing
- You hold a Bachelor's in Computer Science or an equivalent engineering degree
What’s in it for you?
- 25 vacation days to recharge your batteries.
- Pension plan to support you at a later stage of your life.
- You don’t live right next to the office? No problem! We’ll reimburse you for home-work commuting.
- You get to work with a fun, diverse team from over 30 different nationalities.
- Are you an early bird or do you prefer to take it easy in the morning? Good thing we offer flexible working hours!
- Out-of-office activities to participate in (football team, bootcamp, etc.)
- A supply of snacks and drinks to power you throughout the day
What do you do next?
If this sounds interesting, click apply and introduce yourself! We’d love to have a chat to get to know each other. We will be sure to keep you posted about the recruitment process every step of the way, which may also include an assessment. We very much look forward to hearing from you!
* We don’t consider third party applications or agencies